Many healthcare professionals invite their patient to an appointment themselves, for example, to a follow-up meeting. With Visiba Care, you can invite up to ten participants (including yourself). You can, of course, invite the patient, but also a colleague or an external guest, such as an interpreter, a family member, or the employer. To book a follow-up visit with a patient, you can simply duplicate a previous appointment – read more on section 5.6 Invite to an appointment by duplicating a previous appointment.
5.1 Create an appointment invitation
To invite participants to an appointment, follow these steps:
- Click on Invite to an appointment from the main menu.
- Fill in the mobile number. If the patient is already registered, the name will appear in the search results and you can simply click on the name. If the patient does not appear, click on Register new participant and fill in the patient’s contact information in the respective fields. The fields that have an asterisk (*) are mandatory to complete.
- Repeat the above step until all participants have been added and click Next.
- Under Visitor details, specify the date, time and duration of the appointment. Fill in the Description of the matter field (note that this will be visible to the patient) and click Next.
- Select the payment option that applies and click Next.
- When you arrive at a confirmation page, you will see a summary of the appointment invitation. Make sure that everything in this section looks correct.
- Click on Send invitation. When the invitation is sent, you can see the booked slot in the calendar, marked with the patient’s name.
5.2 Invite a patient via a representative
Sometimes a patient needs to be invited to an appointment via a representative, e.g. when the patient is a child.
To invite a patient to a video consultation via a representative, follow these steps:
- Under Add a participant select Patient with representative.
- Fill in the patient’s mobile number and name as well as the representative’s mobile number. If the representative has not been registered before, register him/her by following the same steps you would for a patient (see step 2 under 1 Create an appointment invitation).
Please note: The representative logs in with his/her credentials to enter the appointment.
5.3 Invite a colleague with a Visiba Care account
You can easily invite a colleague to a video consultation. If your colleague has a Visiba Care account, select Colleague with Visiba Care account when adding participants. You can search for your colleague by filtering by name, title, email address, or reception. Once the colleague is added, you can get an overview of the contact information, so you can quickly ensure that the right colleague has been added.
If the colleague does not have a Visiba Care account, you can invite them as a guest participant (see below).
5.4 Invite a guest participant
You can invite one or more guest participants to a video consultation. A guest may be a healthcare professional without a Visiba Care account, but it can also be, for example, an interpreter, relative, or employer. When inviting a guest, enter the person’s name and authentication method, i.e. how they prove their identity. This can be an SMS verification code or no authentication at all. The policy around authentication methods is determined by your business. Please note that when a guest joins a multi-party call, their full name is not displayed – only the initials.
In the example above, no authentication is selected and the guest’s email is entered. The participant in this case can connect to the appointment via a link that is automatically generated when the email is sent.
5.5 Invite to an appointment via a time slot on the calendar
You can also invite to an appointment via a bookable time slot from your calendar. Click on Calendar from the healthcare menu to the left and select an existing appointment template. Drag and drop it to the desired time. Click on the appointment template from the calendar and invite your patient according to the instructions in 5.1 Create an appointment invitation. If you book an appointment via a bookable time slot from your calendar, the appointment date, time, and duration are pre-filled.
5.6 Invite to an appointment by duplicating a previous appointment
To invite a patient to one or several follow-up appointments, you can simply duplicate a previous appointment with the same patient.
Note: At the moment, it is only possible to duplicate an appointment for a video consultation, not a physical appointment at your location.
To duplicate an appointment, follow these steps:
- Click on the booked appointment from the calendar view.
- Hover over the three vertical lines at the right of the widget and click on Duplicate.
- A new appointment will be created with prefilled information.
- Fill in the new appointment time. If you wish, you can also change the duration and the description of the appointment. Click on Book new meeting.
- To add a new series of appointments, you can simply repeat the process and change the time for the respective appointment.
5.7 Invite a patient to a physical meeting
If you have activated physical locations for your business, you can invite a patient to an on-site appointment using an appointment template.
Follow these steps to invite a patient to an on-site appointment:
- Go to your calendar and select an appointment template that is marked with On-site appointment. If no such template is available, you can create one. Click [here] for information about how to create a new appointment template.
- Drag the template to the desired time in the calendar and click on Invite to an appointment.
- Fill in the patient’s data according to the instructions under 1 Create an appointment invitation and send the invitation.
It is also possible to post bookable time slots for physical meetings in the calendar which the patients can then book themselves. In that case, select an appointment template marked with On-site appointment and Bookable for patients and drag it to the desired place in the calendar.
If physical locations are not displayed in the appointment template, your administrator will need to activate it.
5.8 Add or remove participants from a booked appointment
You can easily add or remove participants from a booked appointment. To perform this action, follow these steps:
- Select the appointment from your calendar view.
- Click on the pencil icon from the top right corner of the widget to edit it.
- Click on Edit participants.
A new widget opens to edit the participants.
- To invite a new participant, add the person in the same way as you invite a new participant. You can search for patients who are already registered in the system, select them, and then click Next. For guests and new participants, add the relevant information. Click Add and then Next from the bottom right. Review the appointment details and click Next. A widget will now appear confirming the changes in the appointment. Click Update at the bottom right. A notification will then be sent to the invited participant(s).
- To remove a participant, click on the x symbol that appears to the right of the participant when you hover over the name from the list. Then click Next and finally Update at the bottom right. A notification is then sent to the participant that has been removed.
Please note: At the moment, it is not possible to add or remove participants for physical appointments or for appointments that patients have paid for via the app/web. It is also not possible to remove participants who have uploaded files or responded to a form attached to the booking.