Activate healthcare professional initiated conversations
If a clinic works with healthcare-initiated messaging, a healthcare professional can start a message conversation and write the first message to a patient.
To configure conversations initiated by a healthcare professional, follow these steps.
- If you want your healthcare professionals to be able to initiate contact with your patients via messages, check the Allow healthcare professionals to start conversations checkbox.
- If you want to remove the option for healthcare professionals to initiate a message conversation, uncheck the box and click Save.
Under Accessibility, you can specify whether every healthcare professional in the clinic can write messages to patients or whether certain healthcare professionals are able to do so.
To configure who can send healthcare provider-initiated messages, follow these steps.
- If you want all healthcare professionals to be able to send messages, check the Accessible for all healthcare professionals box.
- If you want only specific healthcare professionals to be able to send messages, uncheck the box. You can now find and select the healthcare professionals who will have access to the feature. When you have added all the healthcare professionals with access to the feature, click Save.
If your clinic is working with patient-initiated message conversations, patients have the option to send the first message in a conversation.
To configure conversations initiated by patients, follow these steps.
- If you want your patients to be able to initiate a message conversation with your clinic, check the Allow patients and other clinics to start/handover conversations box in the Incoming messages widget box.
- If you want all healthcare professionals to be able to respond to patient-initiated conversations, click on the Accessible for all healthcare professionals box and then click on Save.
- If you want specific healthcare professionals to be able to respond to patient-initiated conversations, leave the box unchecked and search for the healthcare professionals you want to grant access to. When all of them have been selected, click Save.
- Finally, you need to create and/or activate the button which will be displayed on the home page of your clinic's patient app/web interface. To create and/or activate a button that leads to New message, go to go to your clinic under the category Patient interface from the sidebar menu to the left.
When all of the steps above are completed, the patient interface will change, and the button leading to the message conversation will be added to the menu in the patient app and web.